I often hear the word bored from a lot of my clients and when I relate them to their existing health, it is easy to relate their present health with their state of boredom.
There are majorly two reasons or times when you experience boredom
- When u do not enjoy what you do. It could be your existing line of work or simply a job you have in hand.
- When you have no special interest/hobby or are idle
Major cases of ill health / diseases / excessive weight are seen in those who do not have a preferred hobby resulting in a diverted attention to food as a source of entertainment or when they spiral them-self to endless worries or thoughts.
Food could also be an excuse when you are binge watching or netflixing.
- Finding a hobby which doesn’t include spending time in front of a screen or eating.
- Minding your hand and mind everytime they go close to a bowl or nearby can when you are bored.
- Understanding that there is a difference in being a foodie and a glutton i. e. eating with your senses and not mindlessly..
That food is not the ultimate solution to every problem, it is just a reason to thrive..